René Lacerte, Founder & CEO, BIll.com
2013 has been an amazing year for Bill.com. We have seen growing traction with the banking industry, made major strides in automating once mundane tasks for accountants and bookkeepers, grown our Business Payments Network to record numbers, received countless awards and accolades, and even secured another $38 million in funding to help us reach more businesses and bring our growing community even better solutions. It has been a great yearone of the best ever and the energy at the company is palpable.
I make it a habit to acknowledge my gratitudes daily and with so many wonderful successes, Thanksgiving is a great time to call some of them out. And, so, I would like to thank:
- Our employees: Our team is dedicated and determined to make a difference in the world. I have been blown away by the dedication, commitment and passion through out the organization this year. Every challenge has not been seen as an obstacle, but instead a catalyst. I am especially grateful that new recruits notice this approach and share the same enthusiasm as we do. I know it is our passion that makes Bill.com so beloved by our customers—just look at our amazing Net Promoter scores (which judge customer loyalty) for validation.
- Our customers: You push us to do amazing things and you give us the feedback we need to make change happen. This year, I had several opportunities to be on panels with our customers or to do webinars with them, all of which were true pleasures. You get what we are trying to do, and it is your inspiration that drives our passion. Bill.com is truly a community effort.
- Our investors: Your belief in the Bill.com vision is helping us bring our technology to more people than ever before possible.
- Our partners: Together, we are making business easier for people and solving business problems that span all company functions.
- The cloud: It may seem strange to thank a technology but, without it, we simply couldn’t exist. I believe the cloud is a game changer for how we build and consume technology. The cloud makes automation possible in our mobile world. It gives us the freedom to work effectively from anywhere at any time, with all the data we need at hand. And, it creates so much more collaboration within companies and between customers and vendors.
- My family: The fact is that Bill.com was founded from my desire as a CEO to find a way to escape the mundane day-to-day tasks of business so I could focus on the bigger ideas and issues at hand. But clearing away minutiae also gives you more time to enjoy your family, and I am grateful to have mine—and to have more time to spend with them.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.