The Great Migration
Each year more than 2 million wildebeest migrate from the Serengeti Plains in Tanzania to Kenya and back again. This is known as the great wildebeest migration or simply, “The Great Migration” and is one of the greatest spectacles on Earth. Whether you’ve seen this on a nature show or better yet, witnessed in person, the sights and sounds are indisputably impressive.
If you’ll pardon the hyperbole, those of you in the Bill.com accounting firm community are in the midst of your own Great Migration. You may not be crossing crocodile-filled rivers or dodging lion attacks to the thundering of 8 million hooves, but you’re making your own Great (albeit much easier) Migration in 2019 with Bill.com.
Back in May we introduced the new Bill.com Intelligent Business Payments Platform - built from the ground up to save you and your clients time and give you more control with a more automated, end-to-end process. The announcement was just the beginning. We gave all accounting firms control over when to move clients over to the new Bill.com experience, and so The Great Migration began!
Hundreds of firms and thousands of clients have already moved to the award-winning new experience and provided positive feedback on the look and feel of the interface and efficiency gains from the new experience. Read the positive review from the Progressive Accountant to see what the pros think! One thing we’ve heard often is that staff and clients go through a period of adjustment at first, but within a few days they love it! In other words, start that migration and keep going!
Here are just a few favorite new features:
- Reduce data entry. The Intelligent Virtual Assistant, IVA, captures all the important data from your invoices for you to review, and starts the bill approval process in real-time.
- Manage priorities from a single view. The new overview page gives you a quick summary of payments in and out of an account to guide business decisions.
- Configure your ideal view. Apply powerful filters to view bills your way, and choose what information to see on your overview page.
- Auto-Pay bills. For a specified vendor, automatically pay approved bills up to a set amount for streamlined payments and approvals.
- Pay faster. Process a payment in seconds to a linked vendor, even if you don’t have an invoice.
- Gain new insights. New console reports like Payables Efficiency Insights can help you identify bottlenecks in your payables process.
Nevertheless, we understand that the thought of migrating multiple clients to the new Bill.com experience has given pause to a few firms thinking about change management for staff and clients - and we’re here to help. There are a number of resources available to help your firm and clients make the most of the new Bill.com experience. This is also a great reason to reach out to clients to start planning the remainder of 2019 and to remind them of the value of your bill management services.
In the Accountant Resource Center
- New Experience and IVA FAQ
- Overview Handout (download)
- Deep-dive into the new experience (download)
- Client Demo Kit
- Client email (download) and FAQ
- Training videos for clients on approvals and mobile app
On the Bill.com website
In the Bill.com application
- Online Certification (Log in to Console -> Manage Console -> Training -> Advanced)
- Tutorials and videos in the application (“Help” menu in upper right)
Did you know that you can switch back from the new experience to classic Bill.com if you change your mind? Even though we’re confident you’ll love it after a brief adjustment period, there’s no risk in giving the new experience a try! To get started, an Administrator needs to log in to your client’s Bill.com account, then follow the prompts to check out the new Bill.com. All firm and client data, settings, activity, and sync capabilities will be retained. To switch back, Administrators can select “Help” in the upper right corner of the screen and find the option to switch back.
Give it a try and let us know how we can help you make your own great migration to the new Bill.com experience in 2019!