Xero and Bill.com—A Beautiful Accounting Experience
With more than 860,000 subscribers (and growing) and $1 trillion in transactions recorded last year, Xero is one of the leading accounting solutions for businesses.
Entirely cloud-based, it offers small business owners the ability to get a real-time view of cash flow, run companies on the go, reconcile in seconds, manage payroll and much (much) more. It also integrates with more than 500 apps to solve each company’s accounting needs.
Of course, our favorite Xero integration is with Bill.com. When you combine both of them together, you create an accurate, efficient, and seamless accounting experience. This blog post will cover how the integration works and how you can get started.
When you integrate Bill.com and Xero, you can eliminate double data entry and save time. You no longer have to input information from one system to another. That invites errors such as transposed numbers or missed entries.
Instead, with the Bill.com and Xero integration, your transactions will be reflected quickly in each system and you get an accurate overview of your financial performance and cash flow.
The Bill.com/Xero Integration
When you sync with Xero, Bill.com will ensure that everything you need to pay bills and send invoices will be reflected in its system. Payables and receivables will go directly to your Xero account to keep your books in order.
Bill.com will bring over:
- Chart of Accounts
- Tracking (Departments and Locations in Bill.com)
- Contacts -> Suppliers (vendors in Bill.com) that have an associated bill or invoice
- Bills that are new and unpaid (paid and updated bills don’t sync)
- Sales Tax
- Contacts -> Customers that have an associated bill or invoice
- Invoices that are new and unpaid (paid and updated invoices don’t sync)
Xero, in return, will receive the details of your Bill.com payables and receivables transactions to keep your accounting up to date, including:
- Vendors (Contacts -> Suppliers in Xero)
- Bill payments
- Payments received
Set up your Bill.com/Xero integration
It’s simple to set up the Bill.com and Xero integration:
- During the Bill.com signup process designate which accounting software you use.
- Choose Xero and then click "Connect to Xero".
- If you already have a Bill.com account, login and then go to the setting menus.
- Select the startup checklist and then hit 1st Sync.
- Change your status to reflect Xero and the system will walk you through the process from there.
After the integration completes, sit back and enjoy a beautiful accounting experience.
Not utilizing the Xero and Bill.com integration yet?