An expense report contains a categorized and itemized list of expenses that were made on behalf of the organization. This report helps the employer or finance team determine what money was spent, what was purchased, and how much of the expenditure is approved for reimbursement.
Our meticulously crafted expense report template encapsulates a comprehensive array of essential information:
1. Enter the company name in cell B3.
2. Enter your name in cell C5.
3. Enter your department name in cell C6.
4. Enter your manager's name in cell C7.
5. Enter the purpose of the expense report in cell F8.
6. Enter the company approved mileage reimbursement rate in cell H5.
7. Enter the company approved per diem rate in cell H6.
8. The Start and End Date will automatically fill in as the expense report detail is entered.
9. The expense report total in cell F3 will automatically calculate as the expense report detail is entered.
10. Started in cell B12 enter the date, type of reimbursement (select from the drop down), amount, vendor, and description for each reimbursement. The total in column E will automatically calculate based on the type of reimbursement (Column C) and amount (Column D).
11. Once the expense report is completed, print the sheet as a PDF and send to manager for approval.
12. The manager will sign and evidence approval of the expense report in cell C9.
13. Once approved by the manager, submit the PDF to finance for reimbursement.
Ready to move beyond expense reports? Expense management software can provide easy, automated solutions without requiring forms, tracking receipts, or waiting for expense report information. Smart software can automate your processes, saving your finance team time and resources—and you’ll never need to use a monthly expense report template again.
This free expense report template allows you to track business spending. It’s typically filled out by employees requesting reimbursements. The form must contain an itemized detail of expenses including the purpose, place, and date to meet reporting purpose requirements. The employer can then record the reimbursed amounts as a business expense.
Businesses thrive on meticulous financial management. Our expense report template empowers companies to monitor, analyze, and optimize their spending patterns. By utilizing this template, businesses can exercise better control over their budgets, identify cost-saving opportunities, and ensure accurate reimbursement processes.
Our expense report template is a valuable asset for professionals across the board – from dedicated entrepreneurs and business owners to diligent employees and freelancers. Anyone seeking to maintain a clear record of expenses and maximize financial efficiency can leverage this template to their advantage.